Toddler Food Recipes
Toddler’s need a good diet to have healthy growth. Some parents don’t pay attention to their kids’ diet and feed them whatever their kids wish for. Kids are usually attracted to unhealthy tasty items, which are harmful to their health. Remember, a good diet not only help kids have a healthy physique but also helps them to become mentally strong. A good diet for toddlers should have fiber, calcium, vitamin D, and potassium. These nutritional needs can only be fulfilled if you feed a variety of foods to your kids. That’s why you need to be really picky while selecting the food for your kid.
We are here to help you with some amazing recipes that you can cook for your kid. These recipes are tasty and healthy that your kid will love to eat them again and again. Moreover, these recipes are easy to cook that hardly take 5-30 minutes. You can offer your kid these foods in breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Moreover, most of the recipes are freezer-friendly, so you can make them in large amount and store it in the fridge to serve your kid again
Recipes under 10 minutes
All these recipes can be made within 10 minutes. If you are in a hurry, try any of these recipes for your kid.
It is a perfect breakfast recipe that you can offer to your six months to older kids. All ingredients used in this meal are really healthy. Oats are healthy as they contain a lot of fiber, antioxidants, and micronutrients like phosphorus, manganese, and selenium. Blueberries contain vitamins K and C, along with antioxidants and fiber. Moreover, babies love to eat these small berries. Cinnamon helps boost brain functions. Also, it helps improve digestion and immunity.
- Frozen blueberries
- Coconut/ maple syrup
- Water (1 ⅓ cups water)
- Add water to the saucepan and heat it until it starts to boil.
- Now add oats, cinnamon, blueberries, and vanilla to the saucepan. Set the stove to low and stir the mixture. Keep stiring it until most of the water is absorbed, and the oatmeal becomes thick and creamy. (usually, this step takes 5-7 minutes.)
- Add frozen blueberries for toppings. You can also add any other thing for the topping your kid likes.
- Coconut or maple syrup is optional. If you want to make the oatmeal tastier, you can add any of these sweeteners.
- Let the oatmeal come to moderate temperature and serve it to your kid.
Babies love this soft, fluffy, and easy-to-digest meal. The good thing about this meal is that you only need three ingredients to prepare. That’s how you can save yourself from the hassle of collecting many ingredients. Babies of 6-months or older can eat this meal. It is healthy as it contains potassium, manganese, fiber, and protein.
- Take a bowl and mash banana completely into it.
- Now add flour and egg to it. Stir it until all three are mixed together.
- Put the bowl on medium heat. You can add butter to it if you want. However, butter is optional.
- Let it cook for 4-5 minutes. You will notice the sides of the pancake becoming firm. Once the sides become firm, flip the pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
- Now turn off the stove, and your pancake is ready to serve.
- Let it become cool and serve it to your kid.
Peanut butter chocolate smoothie
Kids usually love milkshakes, and this smoothie tastes just like a milkshake but contains extra healthy ingredients, which milkshakes don’t. That’s why you can prepare it quickly and serve this yummy healthy smoothie to your kid, as it hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare.
Why is this smoothie so healthy? Because all the ingredients are full of nutrition. Banana contains vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants. Cauliflower contains a lot of vitamin B and fiber. The best part of using it in a smoothie is that your kid will never know that you added cauliflower. It’s the best way to feed vegetables to those kids who hesitate to eat them.
Peanut butter contains healthy fats, carbs, and protein. Cacao powder gives a yummy chocolaty taste. You can say it’s bait to attract your kid.
- Peanut butter
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla extract
The procedure is really simple. Just put all the ingredients in the blender and blend for 1-2 minutes. Now pour it in a cup or glass and give it to your kid.
Fruit Cheese Bowl
This is the simplest and easiest breakfast recipe you can give to your toddler. The good thing about it is that you can choose any fruits of your kid’s choice and prepare a bowl for them. This bowl is full of protein, calcium, vitamins, and antioxidants. Every kid has their own taste preference, and you are fully aware of your toddler’s choice. That’s why pick any fruit your kid likes.
We are using cottage cheese in this mixture, as it gives a thick texture, and babies love it. Moreover, cottage cheese contains phosphorus, selenium, vitamin B, calcium, and proteins. Make sure to buy organic cheese.
Cinnamon in this recipe is also a really good ingredient. It enhances brain functions and counters viruses and infections in the body.
- Choose your baby’s favorite fruits. You can choose blueberries, strawberries, banana, mango, peaches, pineapple, kiwi, raspberries, or any other fruit. Chop the fruits into small pieces, especially the bigger fruits.
- Now put the cottage cheese into a separate bowl.
- Now sprinkle the cinnamon over it.
- Add the pieces of fruits over it and serve it to your toddler.
Recipes under 15 minutes
These recipes can be made within 15 minutes. Most of them are suitable for lunch.
Kids love pizza, right? Why not serve them a healthy pizza this time? It can be the favorite meal for your kid because kids love bright, colorful meals. You can give it at lunch, picnic or even while going to school.
- Whole grain bagels (2 half cut)
- Mozzarella cheese (0.5 cup)
- Chopped peppers (0.25 cup)
- Marinara sauce (1/3 cup)
- This process can create a mess in the oven. That’s why place a thin foil on the baking sheet. It will help you clean easily.
- Spread marinara sauce all over the bagels equally. Make sure not even a single edge is left dry.
- Now sprinkle about 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese on the bagels.
- Gently sprinkle peppers all over the bagels.
- Now place them on the baking sheet and set the temperature to 425 degrees.
- Bake them for 8-9 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- The pizza is ready. Now let it cool and serve it to your kid.
Turkey Carrot Rolls
You can serve these yummy turkey carrot rolls at lunchtime at home, school, or on a picnic. Kids who love eating fast food will definitely be going to love these. The best part of these rolls is they are healthy, unlike commercial fast food. These rolls are suitable for kids over one year.
- Hummus (2 tbsp)
- Turkey meat (4 slices)
- Shredded carrots (1/4 cup)
- Whole wheat tortilla (1 large)
- First of all, place the tortilla bread on the tray.
- Now gently spread hummus all over the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the shredded carrots on the bottom part of the tortilla.
- Now put turkey slices on over the carrots.
- Now roll up the tortilla. Start rolling from bottom to up. Hummus will make the roll stick.
- Now cut the bread into 1.5 inches parts. Serve them to your kid.
This delicious pasta is suitable for toddlers over six months old. Kids barely eat vegetables, but they’ll love to eat when you present them in the form of yummy pasta. It is full of nutrients. Do you know what the best part of this meal is? The entire family can eat it. Kids love to eat what they see elders eating. That’s how you can make them eat by eating the pasta in front of them.
- Cup of vegetables (carrot, peas, green beans, red peppers, frozen corns, or any other your kid like)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Cup of pasta (any of your choice, e.g., whole wheat, gluten-free, or lentil)
- Parmesan (2 tbsp)
- Dried basil (2 teaspoons)
- Garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- First of all, chop all the vegetables before cooking.
- Now take a cooking pot and fill 75% with water. Put it on the stove and boil.
- Now put past to it and cook, following the instructions given on the pasta packet.
- If you are using frozen vegetables, put them in the pasta water before 4-minutes on the timer. If you are using the fresh vegetables, put them into the water before 2-minutes on the timer.
- Now mix dried basil, olive oil, and garlic powder in a separate bowl.
- Drain the water from pasta and vegetable.
- Now mix pasta and vegetable with the mixture of dried basil, olive oil, and garlic powder.
- Gently sprinkle parmesan on the pasta and serve it to your kid.
Kale Pesto Chicken Quesadilla
This is another finger liking meal that can be your kid’s ideal food. The combo of the kale pesto, chicken, and cheese creates the yum factor in this recipe. The major ingredient, kale pesto, is high in fiber and iron. Also, it contains Vitamins K, C, and A.
- Kale pesto (1 tbsp)
- Mozzarella cheese (1/4 cup)
- Whole wheat tortillas (2 small)
- Shredded cooked chicken (1/3 cup)
- Take a pan and put it on medium heat.
- Now, place tortillas on a tray and spread kale pesto on one side of both tortillas.
- Sprinkle the shredded chicken on one tortilla.
- Now sprinkle shredded cheese on the same tortilla.
- Now place the 2nd tortilla on the 1st one like a sandwich.
- The pan must have become hot till now, so place the tortillas on the pan.
- Place each side on the pan for about 3-4 minutes, until both sides become golden brown. You will also notice the melted cheese.
- Now the quesadilla is ready. Remove it on the plate, cut it into moderate size pieces, and let it cool. Once it gets cool, serve it to your kid.
Ideal Toddler Meal
A balanced diet is always better. That’s why prepare a plate of different foods so that your toddler can easily fulfill their required daily intake. Divide the plate into proportions. Fill half plate with vegetables and fruits, quarter with any protein diet, and a quarter with grains to fulfill fiber needs. Don’t forget to feed a dairy item as well. Milk is the best dairy product you can give to your toddler. At least you should give milk to your kid until they reach two years. After that, you can include other dairy products as well. This complete balance will help your kid become mentally and physically strong.
We hope you’ll love these recipes. We recommend you try all these recipes one by one to give your toddler a variety of tastes and nutrition. That’s how kids will never get bored of the taste. Also, they can get all vitamins, proteins, carbs, calcium, and fiber required for mental and physical growth.
We are not in favor of outside junk food as they are harmful to health. That’s why we promote homemade recipes, as they are healthy and hygienic. We hope your kids will never demand outside junk food if you keep feeding them these healthy and delicious homemade recipes.