Mango Oatmeal – A New Flavor Combination
Your baby deserves a treat every once in a while. Instead of the usual dairy and oatmeal, add in an element of yellow surprise! Below is a healthy cooking recipe that incorporates the usual cupboard ingredients with the sweetness of mangoes.
- 3 tablespoons infant oatmeal cereal
- 2 ripe mangoes, or 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons water, breastmilk, or formula
- 1 – 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt, optional
1. PREP: Prepare oatmeal according to package directions. Peel mangoes and cut into chunks; you should have 2 cups. (If using frozen fruit, allow to defrost.)
2. MAKE: Place mangoes in a mini food processor and puree, adding liquids as necessary to blend. For younger babies, puree until smooth. Leave a bit chunkier for babies over 9 months old.
3. SERVE: Transfer puree to a small bowl. Add oatmeal and yogurt (if using) and stir well to combine. Serve immediately.
Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 17, Fat, total (g): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 4, fiber (g): , sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): , sodium (mg): , calcium (mg): 8, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.