Lose Post-Pregnancy Weight With these Natural Home Remedies
Are you a new mom looking for ways to lose weight? We know how challenging it can be to juggle your fitness goals, baby duties plus all the emotional and physical changes taking place. The good news is you don’t have to do something drastic. Simple changes to your lifestyle can do wonders for your health and wellness.
Here are some natural weight loss remedies and tips you can do to help you on your journey. Many of these food and drinks are easy to prepare and have natural weight loss properties or can curb your hunger:
Apple Cider Vinegar Water
Mix apple cider vinegar in hot water and drink this two to three times every day to reduce fat.
Acai Berry Juice
Acai berry juice is well known for its weight loss effects. Drink it twice a day.
Lime and Honey Water
Mix lime, honey and water and drink a couple of times per day to lose weight.
Green tea has natural weight loss properties. Drink it daily or if you are a coffee drinker, consider replacing your caffeine fix with green tea.
Indian Plum Leaves Tea
Make tea from Indiam plum leaves as as these has fat-burning properties. Drink this team about twice daily.
Negative calorie snacks
Instead of junk or processed snacks, munch on negative calorie foods. This type of food requires more food energy to digest compared to the energy it provides hence the term negative calorie. Some negative calorie foods include tomatoes, celery and tomatoes.
Superfoods are considered nutritionally densed food that are great for preventing diseases. Some examples of superfoods inclue fish (salmon, sardines and mackerel), blueberries and kale.
Be careful when picking fish, though, because certain kinds tend to be high in mercury such as albacore tuna and swordfish.
Lean meat like fish, chicken, beef and soy food are low in fat and great sources of protein and fiber. These foods help you feel fuller for longer so you don’t feel hungry or need to eat so much.
- Always be proactive with your health and food choices. Take time to research and read about any natural food you are planning to try out.
- Experts do not recommend new moms to go on fad diets to lose weight following pregnancy.
- Natural does not mean safe! Read labels and research any potential side effects of ingredients found in home remedies.
- Be wary of weight loss supplements labeled “natural” as these may contain ingredients not suitable for breastfeeding women.
- Listen to your body and watch out for any reactions you may have to any home remedy you take.
- Consider keeping a food diary to track your food and any effects it may have on you or your breastfed baby.
- When choosing superfoods or other fruits and vegetables go for the organic variety. Certain produce have been tagged as high in pesticides. Check out the following infographic for more information:
Small steps go a long way on the road to fitness. Be patient with your progress and learn to embrace every aspect, every change and every curve in this beautiful new chapter in your life as a mother.